During the summer of 2019 the Archipelago Centre Korpoström is one of the art scenes for contemporary art being produced within the art residency co-operation “Between Islands | AARK – Kökar – Örö”
The following artists and their works can be seen on the premises until 30.9.2019:
- Marco Dessardo: “PunkTerhi390”, sculpture, main exhibition hall as part of the main exhibition “Out to Sea? The Plastic Garbage Project”.
- Renja Leino: “Generations of Joy”, videokonstverk, i samband med huvudutställningen Plast i havet.
- Elisa Matikainen (Kökar): working title: “Plastic Rain / Sleeping Catastrophy”, installation, main hall.
- Maria Windschüttel: “LUOTO (Space Oddity)”, foto art capturing the artist’s chalk drawings on sea side rocks and cliffs, on facade of the main building.
- Lilli Haapala: “Seeds of Utopia”, miniature sculptures/ installation, on the beach to the east from the pier.
For more information on the co-operation project between artist residencies, please visit their blog here: https://www.betweenislands.net/index.html