During the summer of 2019 the Archipelago Centre Korpoström is one of the art scenes for contemporary art being produced within the art residency co-operation “Between Islands | AARK – Kökar – Örö”
The following artists and their works can be seen on the premises until 30.9.2019:
- Marco Dessardo: “PunkTerhi390”, sculpture, main exhibition hall as part of the main exhibition “Out to Sea? The Plastic Garbage Project”.
- Renja Leino: “Generations of Joy”, videokonstverk, i samband med huvudutställningen Plast i havet.
- Elisa Matikainen (Kökar): working title: “Plastic Rain / Sleeping Catastrophy”, installation, main hall.
- Maria Windschüttel: “LUOTO (Space Oddity)”, foto art capturing the artist’s chalk drawings on sea side rocks and cliffs, on facade of the main building.
- Lilli Haapala has also been exhibiting miniature sculptures by the name of “Seeds of Utopia” on the beach to the east from the pier, but these have traveled on towards new exhibitions on August the 4th.
For more information on the co-operation project between artist residencies, please visit their blog here: https://www.betweenislands.net/index.html